Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend in Omaha...

HENRY DOORLY ZOO, OMAHA, NEBRASKA

The rain forest or the Lied Jungle was awesome. Sooo Pretty.




I love this picture of the parakeet I took...Looks like it belongs on a magazine or on a blog.


This tank was cook you actually got to feel the...what ever it is...

The penguins were cool too.

The Scott Aquarium was unbelievable...

The kids liked the sky lift or afficial name Skyfari...it was ok...but I prefer my feet to be touching solid ground. That's just me... :-P But was a neat way to see the zoo from far above... I see Zach is texting someone in this picture...
Cool shot of the elephant getting a drink of water...

If you go make sure you have quarters in your pocket so you can feed the thousands of fish in the little creek. I couldn't believe all of them....

Look they are packed in that little spot trying to get some food.

Here you go lil fishy...

Or the thousand of them...

O we love the gorilla's...He was such character. He even rammed the window make the crowd jump then he sat right next to the window like he did nothing... This one was was putting on quite a seen.
At the beginning of the day Zach mentioned he wanted to see the Polar Bear...and finally we found him. Wasn't quite sure if he was gonna come out and play but he did.

BOB KERRY PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE

The longest pedestrian bridge to link two states, Council Bluffs, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska, providing safe crossing over the Missouri River. The bridge is a Cable Stay bridge, meaning cables stretch down diagonally from each of the towers to the bridge deck for strength, support and flexibility...as well as visual appeals 3,000 ft long, including the landings; the walkway is 15 ft wide, and allow visitors to stand about 60 ft above the river.

Neat curve...

The bridge is curved, symbolic of the meandering Missouri River .
I thought this was funny...Six boats tides together PARTYING...Oh I mean floating down the Missouri River. I wonder how old the oldest kid on there was?. Anyway they sounded like they were having a good ol' time.

AND we had a good al' time as well. Sad to think there probably won't be too many more of these where all five of us get to go....So I am blogging to cherish these moments years to come...

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fun vacation! I love all the pictures especially at the zoo! Thee one of you and the hubby is super cute. :)

Visitors since February 2, 2009