Friday, March 6, 2009

TICKETS...Get Your TICKETS...

I GOT MINE!!!



The American Legion "Veteran's Tour" featuring
Shawn Mayer and special guest Dave Fintel,
comes to the Clay County Regional Events Center on Friday, March 27th. All proceeds from the concert will go the the 9th District American Legion for youth programs and veteran's activities, money to help deceased veteran's families and assist veteran's with various expenses. Tickets are $16.50 and are on sale now at the Clay County Regional Events Center Box Office, on line at http://www.ticketmaster.com/ , or charge by phone at Ticket Master at 1-800-745-3000 or at all Ticket Master outlets.
Doors open at 6:30pm - show starts at 7:30pm.


I am so excited about this concert...First off Shawn Mayer is from a neighboring community and was a finalist on Nashville Star last season. I so voted for her over and over and over and over again. Second her Special Guest Friend is a personal friend of mine...as to many in this community. Dave even sings a special song to me if I happen to be uptown when he's preforming It is by Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Gimme thre Steps" Here's the the first few lines.

I was cutting the rug

Down at a place called the jug

With a girl named linda lu

Thirdly (I'm aging myself now)...I have been a member of the 9th District American Legion Auxiliary for the past 25 years. While in High School I was even the 9th District Jr. President for several years and the STATE president in 1988/89. Here's my picture being sworn in. Yup that's me on the end in the striped dress & black belt.

No comments:

Visitors since February 2, 2009